The Presbyterian Church of Hollister, Missouri has been called by God and organized to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ, to minister to the needs of members of the congregation and residents of the community in Taney County, and to promote peace and justice in the world.
Located in Taney County, Hollister Presbyterian Church was founded in 1911 in Hollister, Missouri. Initially, church members met in stores and homes but construction began on a building in 1915. The building, located just uphill from the Hollister business district, was constructed of stone quarried on site. It was intentionally designed to complement the architecture of Hollister which had decided that its main street, named Downing Street, should resemble an old English village. Today the congregation continues to worship in this historic building.
Hollister Presbyterian Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and the John Calvin Presbytery of southwest Missouri and southeast Kansas. The church supports several mission projects including a local food bank. Hollister welcomes visitors of all faiths to worship with us on Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. Pastor Clancy Cherry serves the church.